The opportunity to start an international career, prepare for study abroad and combine business with pleasure – that’s what teaching English in Canada is all about. With the variety of programs and affordable prices offered by Canadian language schools, you can easily learn to read, write and speak English at the level that you need.
A trip to another, even a prosperous country, requires both courage and investment. But once you make up your mind, you will get both the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the language environment and proven high results.
English in this country is the state language along with French, and English is spoken by the majority of the population of Canada. The quality of education is traditionally high here, and the same applies to language schools. Technical equipment, effective teaching methods, and qualifications of teachers guarantee significant language progress, and Canada’s rich cultural traditions will turn the study into an exciting journey.
Learning English in Canada means earning evidence of your knowledge and certificates that are recognized by employers and educational institutions around the world.
How to start learning English in Canada
First of all, decide on the goals of learning a language:
- study at an English-speaking educational institution;
- preparation for language exams;
- specialized English for a career;
- general preparation for self-development.
To solve these problems, language schools offer many programs. Here is some of them:
- a basic program that develops key language skills;
- Study under the TOEFL or IELTS preparation program;
- a college or university preparatory course;
- specialized courses of professional vocabulary, among which the programs for studying business English are popular;
- language courses during summer and winter holidays are popular among children and young people.
There are much more options, but they can be conditionally divided into short-term language courses for 1-3 months and long programs lasting up to 1 year, and sometimes even longer. For the same purpose, you can choose both short-term intensives and long-term studies in a language school – depending on your schedule.
Studying English in Canada also requires a solution to the issue of accommodation, and since the stay of the country in some cases will be long, for example, if you have chosen one-year courses, then the issue of choosing a home should be approached especially carefully. It can be a separate room in the home of a host family or a student residence, and sometimes students allow themselves to rent an entire house. If you do this jointly, to several students at once, then it can be very economically profitable.
How much do English courses cost in Canada?
The pricing policy that determines the cost of studying in Canada is much more loyal to foreigners compared to American or British – and this applies to all educational services in the country of the maple leaf. But to feel this difference, it is better to choose long-term programs lasting at least a month.
The cost of the course will depend on the following factors:
- the intensity of classes – you can choose the intensity of classes from 15 to 40 hours per week;
- duration of study – the longer you continue your studies, the cheaper it will cost you a week of study;
- specializations of the program – programs for studying business English will cost more in the same school than programs for studying, for example, general English;
- age of students – adult programs are more expensive than children’s vacation programs.
Also, the cost of accommodation, food, and medical insurance should be added to this. Surely, you will want to take several excursions to the sights of Canada and visit the entertainment events that the school organizes and which will need to be paid for additionally. As a result, the average cost of courses can range from several hundred to one and a half thousand Canadian dollars per week.
For those who is in Canada for the first time, English courses are a chance to discover a new culture with its unique environment, where new language skills are required every day. We understand this and offer only those programs in which everything is thought out, where every detail is in its place. We offer only those language schools that do not impose unnecessary services, but which have everything conducive to effective studies and interesting rest, as well as to communicate in a multicultural environment.